Tuesday, January 29, 2008

some good news

alright, having spewed out my negative thoughts and a moral of the story... I am left with nothing better to tell the audience than my joys.
So, here is a wonderful thing that happened today.
I was talking to a girl, one who grew up in a very christian house, and she asked why people bother to live, what is the point. I told her so many different things, most of which were my explanations of great proverbs and teachings. I finished with a question that mirrored hers, "Where are you going so fast?" I told her to enjoy life, that the meaning of life is to live. When you remove all the verbs and nouns of your day, you have adjectives. These are what living is. All the senses clouding around you.
I told her the story of Siddhartha Gautama and the flower when she asked about the end of life, telling her that people refuse anything but the absolute. That if she names something, she has limited it to that.
I told her that she was very formist in her thoughts about life, not that she was drugged up, but that she was breaking it all down to something that abandons reality so much that it abandons dreams.
I think I helped her understand a bit... and i understand it more myself. It is all about believing, that is faith.

So, I close tonight with a song.
There's a place so i've heard,
where troubles souls lay in fields of green.
Nature roams free there.

I like the fact that the song is never the same...