Sunday, December 03, 2006

i swear, i am different

I am different than others because I mean most of my stuff to be coated in love. I rarely say things to try and hurt others, mostly that happens by accident. Like today, I commented on a photo of a friend, and I was trying ot lead into a , "you were cute then, but you are still so much cuter in person" kinda thing. But i didn't make it that far, I wasn't cut off, it was just the timing was off, and I wasn't sure he heard me say it, so as I searched for evidense that he heard me, he was starting ot feel insulted. I was told that I acted like a typical gay guy, in that I expect that I can get away with saying those hurtful things. I intended nothing hurtful, but the timing was off. I swear.
So, today's lesson, don't try and use timing to change an insult into a compliment, you might just miss your mark.