Wednesday, December 13, 2006

bah-hummbug

Matt seems to not be grasping why I dislike the holidays so much.
Page gets it, and I believe that a few others do. But, the people that don't get it are the ones that seem to not have to choose which parent to see on Christmas, and are all sure of what they are going to say to everyone when they see them. These people have no idea what it means to not want to see their family because they are afraid that this year they might just grow a spine and tell them off. The point of this holiday is not the tree and the decorations and the carols. it is about family, and if my family is the reason I don't like Christmas, than that means, by transitive properties, I don't like Christmas.
Now, the reason for my bitterness to manifest itself today. I was at work last night and I received a phone call. It was my brother's wife, Franca. She was going on about how she and I never get to do anything together and that we should go shopping together. I know exactly why she wants to go shopping with me. She wants to pick out what I buy for my nephews. I told her that I am booked solid and that i can't go shopping with her. So, abandoning all attempts to hide her plan, she launches into a list of "Things I can get my nephews, and they are all under $100"... is she serious!?!? I love that she somehow thinks that I have all the time and money in the world. And then to top it all off, she wants me to bring somethigns to dinner on Christmas. Icecream, I can handle that, I DO work in an icecream store. Some bread that i used to bake, I used to be able to turna profit when i was buying things in bulk, but to buy all required ingredients would cost a fortune. ANd then the final thing, a nice bottle of wine. WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE THINKING!!!! I AM NOT EVEN 21, AS WELL AS ME BEING BROKE!! I can't handle that. If she calls again, I am going to tell her that I can handle the icecream and I will scrape up some money to get the ingrediants for the bread, but the wine is out. I can't afford to buy my nephews presents, I still have no idea what to get Michelle, let lone how to pay for it.