Monday, March 16, 2009

Requiem for a friend

I appreciated all you did for me, in your taking care of me when I was down. And I loved you for holding me up when enemies greatly outnumbered me, standing beside me through them all. I know that you cared for me greatly, matched only by the way I cared for you. Until one terrible day when you scared me into acting out of fear. Acting out of love, perhaps, love: absolutely; to try and keep you. For months leading up to that day, I was afraid I was losing you. Losing you in a way that you lost me several times, and waited for me to come back to you. I always came back to you. Now that I have lost you, I see it was not how I thought it would happen. But it was me who caused it. I still act out of love, but you’re so deeply hurt that you cannot accept it. I cannot blame you any longer. We cannot see each other at all. Our backs both turned on each other, even if one of us looks over our shoulder, the other is still turned away. I finally lay it down, it is over. Peace in all that comes your way.