Saturday, March 07, 2009

on lights

If you read the post below this one, about my dream, you will see that my subconscious knows I am going places. Today, I proved it to myself. I was offered ANOTHER light design job at OSU. This time the playwright asked me. There was no professors involved, no bullshit. He wanted me. I suppose it is a bit different than the director asking me, but still a good thing. I need to speak with the director, and then i will get the concept... and be on my way. Yeah! I still worry, about my professional ability. I don't seem to know as much as some, however that is why I'm a student; to learn.
It is actually pretty funny. I know how to take orders from someone who knows a lot more than me... that is a GREAT skill. (this sentence replaced a long story...)
MORAL: Know your limits,a dn don't feel stupid for asking for help or clarification. If you do it wrong, you will look a lot dumber to the person who could have told you how to do it.