Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Forever


It is funny to hear that you have something incurable. It might be treatable, unfortunately not in my case, but never curable. Recently I have identified with the concept of permanent, within my own body. I will eventually loose sight in my right eye. The condition can be brought to a stand still, hopefully. But not reversed. The damage is done. I fell victim to a doctor who never finished what he started... or maybe he just died... I am not sure. I thought that my "condition" was under control and stopped... I was wrong. It has begun again. my vision will never be even, as my left eye continues to over take the right eye. I also learned something today...

I do not have, nor have I ever had, depth perception.

So, My final words on this... it isn't the end of my life. I am strong person... I will do what I can to stop the degradation of my sight, but I will not let it destroy me. I wonder however... what if it happened tomorrow... if I woke up and could only see out of one eye? Is it darkness that I would see in the other? Would it be white? Or color; maybe reddish yellow like the eye goop... What if it was like never ending stars that you see when you rub your eyes too hard, or like the images burnt into your vision when you look at a bright light?

I have new contacts now... the doctor and I were able to force myself into 20/20 with my right eye... but that doesn't mean I can "see" 100% of what I should with it.