Sunday, June 05, 2011

Eulegy

I knew my grandma in the same way as many of you here, and many of us have a several wonderful memories that we will share later today. I would like to share one right now, though. At my grandfather, Joseph Duchon's, funeral I was very upset, it was the first time when I was able to understand grieving. I was terribly sad, but I remember that at the reception she asked me to sit next to her and spoke to me about grief. She told me that it was alright to be upset, because that helps you to accept death. And now I remind you of the lesson she taught me. It is alright to be upset. Grieve fully, and whole heartedly. Hurt deeply and release wailing cries. But do not let yourself be consumed by grief. You must allow the course of sorrow to end into acceptance of the death.