Wednesday, March 31, 2010

trends

there is a basic trend with the blogging community: as the real world engages us more, the digital world hears less about it. I will not hide the fact that a lot o blogging is mindless dribble, but I try to avoid that and at least pretend that I am giving good advice. I have been busy doing real things, flying kites, working, cooking, riding my bike, stuff like that. I have aso been honing my maya skills, trying to keep up that talent. I can't sleep tonight, so I am on the internet just reading blogs (other than my own). I have come to realize that so many people think the world cares. Hell, I am probably one of them. I am sure that I have lost many readers over the years, especially during the summer months. People would rather do things in there lives than read about someone else's. It is the same thing as all the First Families with their blogs filled with stupid children's crafts or the food blogs that are all the exact same. People want to spend time with their own children (or have their own) and cook rather than just read about how your cake turned out.

Moral: people invest interest into things they are doing... and rarely care about what you are doing.