Friday, December 04, 2009

animal abuse


http://www.v-dogfood.com/

Sorry people, but your dog does not have the same feelings of animal rights that you do. It is against nature to feed a dog a vegan (or vegetarian) diet. I do not press my beliefs on people (if you don't like what I write, don't read it), but i do call it when I see it.
This is ridiculous.
A dog requires meat. Anatomically their system actually requires it.
"When the anal glands are not sufficiently expressed, bacteria is given the chance to build up, and this can lead to numerous problems. Your dog can develop an infection, which if left untreated can progress into an abscess. The abscess can then rupture through the skin, leading to further complications."**
Meat hardens stool. That is a fact. Have you ever gone three days eating only vegetables and grains? Your butt is pretty messed up at that point. If a dog has softer stool, their anal glands are not expressed with each movement. That is bad. Of course the responsible dog owner knows all about anal glands, so I am sure they have the situation under control. And since I am sure that every band-wagon-jumping-vegan that owns a pet is the pinnacle of responsibility with regards to petcare, I am not at all worried about all those poor dogs scooting their butts across the floor.

**http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Dog_Anal_Glands