Monday, March 10, 2008

on women


I don't really know how I feel about women. They tend to be rather needy.
Maybe I am just jaded, but it seems that most of the needy people that I See in my life are females. My mother, Ann, even some of my professional friends. Really, it is not that i don't like helping people, but seriously? Do you really expect me to do that? People wonder why I am so stressed out, and why It is taking so long to go through school. Why I am sometimes late to work, late to class, late for my own things; because I am busy doing things for these people; I am not putting myself first. It gives me a sense of worth, knowing that they appreciate me-- but suddenly I am starting to feel that they don't appreciate me.
I am not one to ask for assistance unless I have done as much myself as possible. And, as I have noticed, my guy friends are the same way. But these women-- are they even trying? I am not sure anymore.