Monday, February 19, 2007

Not Here


There's a place, so I heard, not so long ago
Troubled souls, welcome there, far from all we know

There's a place, so I heard timeless and serene
Nature roams freely there, in the meadows green

Gentle breeze fills the air, skies of palest blue
Silently waiting there, all to comfort you

There's a place, so I heard, closer than it seems
One more step it takes you there, way beyond your dreams

There's a place , so I heard, where the living's slow
Pain, they say, ebbs away, as the rivers flow

There's a place, so I heard, waiting there for me
Free from care, life is there for eternity

No more fear, no regret, there's no price to pay
Restless heart soon will ease when you know the way

There's a place, so I heard, shade and light are one
Wisdom will lead you there when the day is done