Friday, January 17, 2014

Almost three years later


It has finally happened. I have almost forgotten her voice. They say that the first thing you forget about someone after they pass away is their voice. You can remember how they moved, what their face looked like. But you forget how they sound when they spoke to you. Almost three years later.


Dear Kevin, You are a true
visionary. Think of the courage
that it took for you, at the age
of 18, to come to Columbus,
on your own, to pursue a
college degree. You had no
help, from any one. When
Shane told to me your story,
I wanted to get to know you,
which is why I took time to
talk with you. I was more
impressed with your courage
than I was with your obvious
genius, which is, of course,
quite impresive, too.
   Most people are afraid to
dream. This world stomps
on dreams. You are not afraid
to dream. Do not let this world
ever take your courage from
you. Continue to dream. Continue
to believe in yourself. And know
that you are going to do truly
great things, both in the world
of theater and in life. And on those
days, when the world is kicking
hard, call me. I am up, as you
know, all hours. I always will take
your phone calls. And I will remind
you, gladly, that you have ever
reason in the world to reach for
the stars. --- Much love, Ann