Wednesday, July 14, 2010

speaking in tongues

There is a person I know from my professional life who hasn't got many allies. The reason for this is not the point of the post (although it does explain the reason everyone dislikes him), but it is a solid fact that people would be more shocked if he did something nice rather than acted like a jerk. I, like many before me, have tried to be his friend-- thinking "he just needs someone to be the nice guy first." But it is to the point where he can't even trust someone who is being kind to him. Hurt so often, he is unable to let someone be kind. Tonight I made the switch. I stopped caring. If someone is content to hide behind the ignorance of another (calm down readers-- yes you read right. Kevin is admitting to not knowing everything :P ) then they do not respect that person. And if there is no respect, there is no hope of much. He felt it acceptable to start babbling in a mixture of languages. Apparently he does this a lot. What walls is a person who needs to hide behind THAT intend to build?--

--The same ones I built several months ago when I posted in non-language.

I understand, now, how he feels. But that doesn't make it alright.

Moral: We all need to get things out sometimes, but there are better ways than muttering to yourself. TALK to someone.