Friday, June 12, 2009

I should have said

A guy stopped me dead in my tracks as I was walking home from work today, just outside of Hound Dogs pizza. He was wearing a black wife beater and his friend was sitting on the stoop wearing a black bandanna, but in a different way than I wear mine. Both were wearing torn loose shorts. They were hipsters/punky kinda losers. The one standing, in the wife beater, just looked at me with his mouth wide open. I asked if I knew him, and he didn't move-- at all. I just looked at him for a long moment.
I eventually just walked away. But what I should have said was, "I have loved you all my life". As that is the only thing I can think of that is shocking enough to match the expression on his face.

Moral: some people just try and get a rise out of people, or try and make others feel uncomfortable. It is best to just play right back and trap them in their game.