Tuesday, May 26, 2009

minority cheack

As I read an interview with Andrew Bridge, the lighting designer for Phantom of the Opera and many other shows, I read a line that he states women don't do it in England. It isn't' really open to them there like it is in the states. and I wonder... can I put this in my presentation on him? Will I be labeled anti-feminist if I say that in England women aren't able to be lighting designers and I like that because it gives me a better chance of success if I ever go there?

Why is it that we feel the need to damage our own chances for success because we want it to be "fair". I don't really feel any loyalty towards a level playing field, I want the scales tipped in my favor all the time. I want to be successful, and if the bias is towards me; great. What is so terrible about that?