Sunday, May 11, 2008

reality

**This post include specific code words used to mean multiple things, therefore viewing each sentence as relative to the those surrounding it is not advised.**

Relatively speaking, I am happier than I have been in a long time, because I have freed myself of a load that has been on my mind for well over a month and a half. I saw something today that lead to me smiling. And it was not that I was happy with what I saw, but more so I was happy to see it. I am glad that ed and I had the impression that he hoped we would. I am glad I could do that for him.
But that was last night, and time moves in only one direction-- directly in one direction. Today I saw something very similar walk by my store. I saw a pair of eyes look so distantly toward high street, avoiding the temptation to look into my store.
And so, as I stared right at her, preparing to wave friendly if she looked in, I realized that she is trying to create a new life for herself, which can include very limited things from her old life. I did not look in the same way as she crossed back in front of my store the second time. I just gave her the space she requested, even though she would have never known if I was mentally hovering six inches away from her.
So, I feel better. At least like I have an understanding a bit more for her inexcusable actions. Perhaps there is a certain magic in these inane ramblings, all of which uncover a bit more of my own feelings-- things that are not child's game.