Thursday, May 10, 2007

R


I have had an interesting reaction to my current situation. A little background: I am forced to be surrounded by someone who makes me want to rip my face off. He is no better than I, and in fact, there are so many ways that I blow him out of the water. I am not going to be cocky enough to say that he hasn't gotten me beat in some aspects, but I am sure that there is a major difference in the quality of the persons herein mentioned. I care about people, as all people care about fellow human beings. And regardless of my cares for the life of my "enemies" i find this particular gentleman grinding on my last nerve. I do not write to entertain, I mainly write to help myself discover the truth about a situation, and the more I examine the situation, the less I feel I should have to be around person R. Now, I do realize that i benefit from having him around. i have to do less work to accomplish the same tasks with or without him. So, it isn't bad having him around to do some of the work, but that is no reason for him to feel that he can walk all over my pride and personal fortitude.
I never got to see his application, but I know that he looks good on paper, he has experience and all that. He knows what he is doing in life in general, and he has a long list of work history, but, that doesn't mean that he is a good person. or the right person for the job... that is the best way I have said it, "I am [not even] sure he is a good person, just not the right guy for the job." I think we need to get rid of him. And most people that I talk to agree.
But I must admit, I have gained from this person. I have definitely taken more from the relationship (can you call it that?) than he has. that makes me a interesting person. It is not that I am maliciously using him, but i have allowed him to give of himself. So, i help him be a better person... interesting how I can turn anything any way I want...