Sunday, January 16, 2011

opportunities

They come along everyone once in a while, often just by chance or luck. For example, a friend of mine was just offered a job (a "real" (end air quotes) job) at a teeshirt company. She is likely going to turn it down because it doesn't fit into her plans, and I personally feel she should, but that is not my place to say. Anyway, this chance truly came out of nowhere. A man walked up to her and felt she would be good for it. I was jealous for a moment. I truly was, but I refused to let those negative feelings enter my mind. So I pushed them out. And now I am being asked to help with a community theater project. I might be the leader of it. holy fuck. What the hell am I getting myself into? But, if you read regularly, you will know that I am a man of "doing" and that I often tell people that they will usually regret not doing something more than they regret taking an opportunity. This sort of thing can only be a good thing, because if it a bad thing, I will not let myself get sucked into it. I know how to keep myself safe legally and safe financially. And I might really be doing something great here. But time will tell.
I also received two very good leads on jobs via text message from a family member. One would be a very large step up in my life. I could quit my two current jobs if I got it. The other is a small step up.

Moral: good things happen to good people, and patience is virtue. But there is no harm in giving it a little nudge.