Sunday, September 19, 2010

Many updates

I apologize about not updating for so long, it has been hectic around here. But I have several updates. First off, I no longer work were I used to work. I had feared the failure of the restaurant for sometime. Turns out the paycheck I picked up the day I had my little discussion with my previous managers actually bounced. Yep, so I was dead on: the restaurant is failing.*
Secondly, driven by the sorrow of unemployment, I felt the need to be fruitful in some aspect of my life, any aspect of my life... I now have a 5 gallon tank with two fiddler crabs inside. They are so cute!!! Actually they are ugly little things, but that isn't really the point.**
Thirdly, I leave for South Carolina soon. If I am not able to stash away enough money for an emergency exit (should anything go terribly wrong and I need to jump ship on the project) I am going to have to borrow erin or josh's credit card.***

*Moral: if you think that your job (or any aspect of life) is doomed for failure, get out before you are at the point where you aren't getting anything for your time.
**Moral: When life is out of control, any little thing that you feel you have accomplished can make you feel better.
***Moral: Make sure you are safe, always give yourself an exit. I still stand by my philosophy that you are responsible for your own safety. (I have posted before my thoughts on drunk sorority girls waking up in a strange guy's bed)