Tuesday, November 24, 2009

the era

I never really thought about college ending. Obviously I thought about what will happen after, but there is more to it than that. I have spent more time in the Drake union than any other building on campus. Today was the last class I will ever have in there, and I have no reason to go in there again. I walked out solemnly... away from an era. I am feeling a lot of emotions from that experience. Some very good, I am done-- no more grades there, no more terrible PAD (Pizza At the Drake) pizza. But I am also very sad. I will miss everyone. I would have liked to say goodbye to one certain person, as I am sure I will never see Alex (MFA lighting student) again.

Oh wait. I still have 4 more Theatre 600 classes to go to...
i'm such a dumbass.

Moral: Don't get wound up in emotions that are preemptive. They will only poison the rest of the time you have left. Like fearing death; everyone does it, but it just makes it harder.