Tuesday, February 03, 2009

memories

I saw something pretty cool this morning, I haven't even left my apartment yet. Outside my window there is a large bat hanging from the power lines, still alive, mind you. I can easily get my camera and take a picture of it ion my way to class. But I am not going to. I know that a picture of it will not turn out well. It would be a waste.
There is a quote that has existed to me since the 90s. "Would you choose to have a piece of something forever, or the whole thing for just a moment?" It was from Touched by an Angel. That was a good program...
Anyway. It mostly speaks of taking photos. You can kill the magic of the moment by getting the camera and snapping the photo, but you can also preserve it forever...
The moral of the story is that sometimes the memories of something are better than any proof you could create. People might not believe me that this bat is huge... but I know the truth. And that is all that matters in this case, since it isn't hurting anything.